I am a qualified, accredited and registered integrative psychotherapist & counsellor, mindfulness facilitator, and yoga teacher & trainer with over 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, and groups in various capacities.
My special interest lies in working with relationship difficulties, trauma and cross-cultural identity, and immigration/emigration issues. The depth of my training allows me to work effectively with a variety of concerns such as anxiety and depression, abuse, PTSD, dissociation, self-harm, sexual problems and complex, enduring mental health issues.
I work with individuals and couples.
Most of my work is longer term, however, I also offer time-limited solution focussed Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) based on my work in the NHS.
My thinking is based on an embodied mind and the integrative approach allows me to combine traditional psychodynamic therapeutic ideas; embodied relational approaches; contemporary findings from neurobiology; and evidence-based models such as CBT. In this way therapy is tailored to suit your needs, rather than you fitting into a method.
Having studied mindfulness and yoga for many years, I bring a holistic perspective to therapeutic work and draw on mindfulness-based cognitive therapy in the treatment of anxiety and depression.
My roots are in Freud’s Vienna and I have family in the UK, Austria, Italy and Germany.
I run a clinic in Wimpole Street (W1G, close to Harley street), West Hampstead (NW6), and Wimbledon Village (SW19).
Qualifications & Training
An accredited member of BACP and UKCP, I abide by their code of ethics. I am committed to continued professional development and have undertaken qualitative research on the experience of Uncertainty in therapy.
- MA Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling (Middlesex University)
- Adv.Dip & Dip Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (Minster Centre)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training, MBSR/MBCT (CMRP, Bangor University)
- Senior Yoga Teacher & Trainer (YAP)
- Embodied Psychotherapy (Confer)
- Working with Couples (Tavistock & Portman Clinic)
- DIT Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (Anna Freud Centre)
- Complex Trauma (UKPTS/Birbeck university)
- The Nature of Trauma & Dissociation (Confer)
- Process-oriented Group Work (RSPCP UK)
- Child-centred counselling (NSPCC Childline)
Specialist training (CPDs)
CBT Theory and Skills, Trauma Skills, Childhood Sexual Abuse, Safeguarding & Child Protection, Family & Belonging, Narrative Therapy, Psychiatric Assessment, Eating Disorders, Self-harm and Suicide, Gender and Sexualities, Working with Refugees (Minster Centre), Connections (Philippa Perry), Transpersonal Psychotherapy (John Rowan), Equine facilitated Therapy (Ashlar Evolution), Deep Psychotherapy with Dr Allan Schore (nscience UK), Working with Shame (Robert Downs), Post-slavery Syndrome and Intergenerational Trauma (Confer).
- UK Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP accred)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP accred)
- Yoga Alliance Professionals (YAP accred)
- UK Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS)
- European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS)
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- The Relational School (TRS)
- The United Kingdom Association for Integrative Psychotherapy (UKAPI)
Veronika Kloucek, MA Adv.Dip.(Psych), UKCP & MBACP accr. | phone: 07507055611 | email: veronikakloucek (at) gmail.com
English and German. Deutsch-sprachiger registrierter, accreditierter Therapeut. Integrative Therapy, Counselling, Psychotherapy, DIT Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy, Mindfulness in Wimbledon SW19, West Hampstead NW6, Wimpole Street W1G (near Harley Street). Anxiety, anger, depression, abuse, trauma, loss, separation, relationship difficulties, sexual difficulties, cultural and integration issues. Mindfulness-based therapy, short-term, time-limited, solution-focused, longer-term, open-ended.