I am a qualified, accredited and registered integrative psychotherapist & counsellor, executive coach, mindfulness facilitator, and yoga teacher trainer with over 15 years experience working with individuals, couples, and groups in various capacities.
Specialised in interpersonal difficulties, cross-cultural identity issues, and mood problems (anxiety and depression) including stress management. The depth of my training allows me to work effectively with a variety of concerns such as trauma, abuse, dissociation, narcissism, self-harm, sexual problems and complex, enduring mental health issues.
My personal roots are in Freud’s Vienna and I have family in the UK, Austria, Italy and Germany.
A converted business professional dedicated to promoting emotional and mental health and wellbeing, I bring both a pragmatic and holistic perspective to my therapeutic work.
My thinking is based on an embodied mind and the integrative approach allows me to combine traditional therapeutic theories with evidence-based models and contemporary relational ideas that are grounded in findings from neurobiology. Among other I draw on psychoanalytic and psychodynamic thought, attachment- and regulation theories, sensorimotor and body-awareness approaches to trauma treatment, DIT (Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy) and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). In this way therapy is tailored to my clients’ needs, rather than them fitting into a method.
Most of my work is longer term, however, I also offer time-limited solution focussed Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) based on my work in the NHS.
I run a clinic in Wimbledon (SW19), and Online (Video & Phone).
Qualifications & Training
An accredited member of BACP and UKCP, and BPC accredited DIT practitioner, I abide by the code of ethics of my governing bodies. I am committed to continued professional development and have undertaken qualitative research on the experience of Uncertainty in therapy.
- MA Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling (Middlesex University)
- Adv.Dip & Dip Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (The Minster Centre)
- DIT Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (Anna Freud Centre)
- Executive Coaching (ICE, University of Cambridge)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training, MBSR/MBCT (CMRP, Bangor University)
- Senior Yoga Teacher & Trainer (Yoga Alliance Professionals)
- Embodied Psychotherapy (Confer)
- Working with Couples (Tavistock & Portman Clinic)
- Complex Trauma (UKPTS/Birbeck university)
- The Nature of Trauma & Dissociation (Confer)
- Process-oriented Group Work (Processwork UK)
- Child-centred counselling (NSPCC Childline)
Specialist training (CPDs)
Crisis Intervention, Neurobiology and Sensorimotor Trauma Skills (Fisher), Deep Psychotherapy (Allan Schore, nscience UK), Working with Shame (Robert Downs), Post-slavery Syndrome and Intergenerational Trauma (Confer), Depression, body causes and brain consequences (RSM), CBT Theory and Skills, Childhood Sexual Abuse, Safeguarding & Child Protection, Family & Belonging, Narrative Therapy, Psychiatric Assessment, Eating Disorders, Self-harm and Suicide, Gender and Sexualities, Working with Refugees (The Minster Centre), Connections (Philippa Perry), Transpersonal Psychotherapy (John Rowan), Equine facilitated Therapy (Ashlar Evolution), Meditation & Psychotherapy (Tara Brach), Response to a pandemic (RSM, NHS/IAPT), Boarding School Syndrome, The Deluded Self: Narcissism (nScience), Coaching Competence (BACP CPD).
- UK Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP accred)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP accred)
- Yoga Alliance Professionals (YAP accred)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC accred DIT practitioner)
- UK Psychological Trauma Societ)y (UKPTS)
- EAP European Association for Psychothearpy (EAP)
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- The Relational School (TRS)
Hi, I'm Veronika. Contacting me is easy. You can call or email:
07507 055 611
Everything you present is confidential within the terms of BACP / UKCP Code of Ethics