Counselling and Psychotherapy
Many reasons can bring us to therapy, whether they are temporary difficulties, lifelong struggles, or the desire for personal development and growth.
When struggles with stress, negative thoughts, numbness, or certain life challenges become overwhelming, it can help to talk to a professional in a warm, confidential and non-judgmental space outside of your familiar environment.
Exploring difficult feelings can reduce their impact as you begin to make sense of your experience and discover new ways of coping. If you feel empty or cut off from your emotions, we can work together on helping you reconnect with yourself.
I am here to listen and collaborate with you so that you can understand yourself better and create the positive change in your life that you seek.
Whilst therapy isn’t always easy, looking at your difficulties can be liberating and life-transforming.
Counselling and Psychotherapy are often considered to be interchangeable therapies that overlap in a number of ways. Counselling, sometimes considered more for episodic work, can be part of the psychotherapy process. Ultimately, therapy depends on the depth of your therapist’s training and experience. Treatment may include:
- Talking about whatever is on your mind today
- Taking time to allow your feelings
- Telling your life story and reviewing significant experiences
- Considering your identity, confidence and sense of empowerment
- Exploring how you make and sustain relationships
- Mapping your memories, reflections on life and dreams
- Discovering your core beliefs and their impact on your thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Learning about psychology and your neurobiology
- Developing new coping strategies
How I work
I offer a non-judgmental, safe and confidential space in which you can talk openly about thoughts and feelings in a way which might not be possible with friends or family.
Together we will develop an understanding of what troubles you and why. Through this process you can gain a sense of control and a better understanding of your thoughts and emotions.
With growing self-awareness compassion and insight into your relational dynamics and repetitive unhelpful patterns of behaviour can emerge. This understanding is the birthplace of change that allows, over time, for a more fulfilled and authentic life.
The therapeutic relationship between you and me plays an important part in this process. It is a powerful conduct to facilitating change. As relational beings, we are shaped and being shaped by the experiences that have, in the past, and continue to influence who we are.
Experienced working with:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Stress-related Issues
- Imposter Syndrome
- Interpersonal & Relationship Difficulties
- Communication Difficulties
- Cross-cultural Issues
- Abuse, Trauma
- Body-related Issues
- Loss, Separation & Bereavement
- Intimacy & Sexual Problems
- Commitment and Decision-making
Latest in Reading:
In both my coaching and therapeutic work, communication is a regular topic. Recently, silence and the discomfort that...
Everything you present is confidential within the terms of BACP / UKCP Code of Ethics